Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Nick's Restaurant at Tatum & Shea

My friend Joan was going to meet me at Nourish123 in Scottsdale on Monday, but luckily, we both noticed that it's closed on Monday so we ended up meeting at Nick's at Tatum and Shea.  We go where we have groupons, etc. and she had one to try it out.

I can honestly say that I was quite happy and surprised when I showed up first and saw a sign outside of the restaurant which said they were featuring a gluten free pizza for less than $10!  I was all set to just have a salad but this changed my mind.........since I figured an Italian place would have great pizza!

I entered the restaurant and saw that I had arrived first so the Host greeted me and I told her I was meeting a friend.  She said that she'd bring her over when she got there and seated me.  She asked what I wanted to drink and left to get my Iced Tea.  She came back with the Tea and a bowl of bread, which I asked her to remove until Joan showed up.......too hard to look at something I love and can't have!

Then she informs me that they closed at 2:00 p..m.  I really don't understand why she failed to mention this to me when I sat down!  We might have decided to dine elsewhere....and before I ordered a $3 Iced Tea.  It wouldn't have bothered me to order a $3 Iced Tea if it were good but it tasted like Lipton Tea which had been in the canister for a week............you know, when it tastes like tin?

So Joan arrived and we decided to eat anyway........and I ordered the GF pizza with tomato slices, mushrooms and onion.  Joan got a bowl of soup and salad.  We chatted and waited for our food.  The pizza looked pretty decent with lots of mushrooms and veggies present but upon tasting it I was immediately aware of no spice taste.  It tasted like they opened a can of tomato sauce and poured it on the pizza.

Between the pizza and the Iced Tea and them not letting us know that they closed in half an hour, I'd have to say that I would never go back or recommend the place.  When we didn't have a large enough order to even make using the groupon worth while, Joan asked for a dessert to go...and was told that there was nobody present to even prepare it, sorry!  Yeah.  I'll never go back!  That's ridiculous!

*These are guidelines only.  This restaurant does not maintain a gluten free kitchen and cross contamination can occur.  Use due diligence with this or any dining experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment