Wednesday, June 8, 2011

My first recipe! Try it!

Trying to eat gluten free is a journey in itself.  Here's my first recipe that I put together for myself.  I took a bunch of recipes and put them together to make it gluten free and yummy!  Everyone was very happy with the results!

Baked Stuffed Bell Peppers

Ingredients:
4 Multi colored bell peppers( I used red and orange and they were excellent!)
cut them in half the long way.

4 c. basmati or other rice, cooked

1/2 c. onion or green onion

half pound ground turkey, cooked with garlic, cumin and or a little taco seasoning.

1 can Rotel tomatoes with green chili's

1c. shredded cheddar cheese

salt and pepper to taste

Put the bell peppers in a greased baking pan.  Saute the rest of the ingredients in olive or grape seed oil until mixed.  Stuff the mixture into the peppers.  There will be leftover mixture.    Put foil over the peppers and cook at 400 degrees for about 40 minutes.  Take the foil off, add cheese to the top and cook for 15 more minutes.

If there are leftover peppers add to the mixture for leftovers or add some peppers to the saute.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment