Friday, June 17, 2011

Gluten Free Creations Bakery is worth the trip!

I went to Sprouts and picked up the GF bread.  It was like a brick.........tough, hard and very unappealing.  I have heard from other friends how horrible the bread selection in their area is.....I was so bummed.  I love bread.  Love it, love it, love it.  Only further up on the list is my love of Pizza and Pasta (more on that in the next post!)

So last Saturday, I got the Hubs to take me around on errands.   Before our lunch at Indulge Burger, we journeyed into Gluten Free Creations Bakery and Cafe.  It's located at 76th Street and McDowell and it's well worth the journey.  Upon entering the Cafe we were greeted and asked if we needed help finding anything.  I was pretty sure we could find what I was looking for so I declined help.  We were able to check out the frozen items and I picked out a loaf of Herb bread and a loaf of Cheddar Cheese bread.  I then saw chocolate chip cookies and pounced on them.  There are no prices listed for these items and you honestly don't want to know them!

Okay, I'll tell you.  $12.99 for a dozen cookies and $7.99 for each loaf of bread.  My total came to almost $32 with tax, etc.  Pricey, oh, yeah.  worth it.  You betcha!

So we make it to the counter, fully intending to pay and leave, and the cashier asks if we want to try some samples.  Um, yeah!  We tried the snickerdoodles (which I should have turned the chocolate chip cookies back in for they were so good!)  I'll get them next time......

Oh, then we tried the "Insane Chocolate Donuts4U".........6 donuts for $9.99 and they are SOOOOOOOOO worth it. My husband was ready to kill for a whole one and he can eat regular donuts!  I would say that's a score for GFC!  Now, we also tried the Cinnamon Coffee Cake which I didn't care for (due to an aftertaste) but The Hubs enjoyed it........again!

I have to give 5 out of 5 stars to this discovery!  I will be back again and again!  Oh, and you should be happy to frequent many of the fine restaurants (like Pugsy's) who serve their bread....it's good!  Oh, so good!


No comments:

Post a Comment