Monday, March 25, 2013

Yummiest Broccoli, Rice, Chicken Saute!

We have a rice cooker and there is always rice left over when I make a rice dish.  That means I need to make an additional rice dish within a few days to use up this rice..........or make the pups really happy and give it to them (along with bananas, bell peppers, sweet potatoes or any other pup friendly items laying around!).

I usually bake this dish but it sometimes can be rather dry.....so I decided to  saute and serve it this time.  Boy, was that a great idea!!!  It was a hit!

So you just saute one package of chicken tenders or any type of boneless chicken you want to use.  You can leave it in strips or cut it up.  Your preference rules!  I cook mine with chopped onions and bell peppers, adding fresh garlic near the end.  You can use oil in the pan if needed.....I use a bit of EVOO.  If you cover the pan, the chicken should produce some stock and I keep this in the pan and do not pour it out.  IF your chicken is a bit dry you can add some chicken stock.

When the chicken is thoroughly cooked, I add some left over rice (about 4 to 5 cups) and let it absorb that yummy stock! I then add a small package or two small heads  (but not frozen) broccoli  I also add some Ancho Chili powder, garlic salt, pepper and sea salt to taste.  I add a bit of nutmeg too just for a little pizzazz.  Right before serving I will add about a cup of sour cream and cheese to taste.

This dish gets rave reviews from family!  Try it and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment